October 2017 Laptop Scheme for Years 7 and 8
Having access to the latest technology when and where they need it can help give students the very best chance of success in and beyond the classroom. But, for parents, making that investment can be a struggle and the equipment they choose may not always be in line with the School’s existing systems and infrastructure.
The Equipment on Offer
The programme is geared towards Windows devices as these are most suited to integrate with our pre-existing infrastructure.
Our preferred device is the Acer Travelmate Spin B1, which comes with a protective case, warranty in case of any technical problems, as well as insurance for accidental damage and theft.
How Technology Supports Learning
Independent academic research undertaken in Scotland during 2013 by the University of Hull found that:
- The ownership of a personal mobile device facilitates many of the pedagogical aspirations set out in Scotland’s Curriculum for Excellence framework.
- The adoption of personal mobile technologies significantly increases access to technology for students, bringing many benefits for learning including greater motivation, engagement, parental involvement, and understanding of complex ideas.
How The Device is Funded
Parents enter into fixed monthly payments with the following benefits:
- Spread payment with no personal credit check.
- Significant savings vs the high street.
- Fully warrantied for internal failure for three years.
- Fully insured for accidental damage and theft (ADT) for the three years.
- The device becomes yours at the end at no extra cost
How to order
Visit our online ordering portal with the credentials below.
If you experience any difficulty logging in, please contact the Tech 4 Learners support team on 0203 857 5630.
For additional information please click here