Curriculum at Bridgnorth Endowed School 2016/2017
The Year 9 curriculum has undergone evaluation and improvements to provide more rigour in preparation for new reformed GCSEs from September 2015 onwards. Subjects use GCSE grade criteria and assessments to prepare students for the challenge of the reformed GCSEs in Year 10.
All pupils study the core subjects of English, Maths and Science in ability groups. The most able students in Science are prepared for the Triple Science course and begin to study the course from the start of summer term in year 9.
The majority of pupils study Geography, History, French or Spanish, Art, Drama and Music as discrete subjects in Year 9.
Most pupils study Digital Literacy with Computing, however the most able pupils with a particular interest in Computer Science have specialist Computer Science lessons to prepare them for beginning the GCSE course in Year 10. This addresses some of the gaps between the Computer Science GCSE and the new KS2 and 3 expectations for computing that are still working through.
In Year 10 and Year 11
Year 10 students choose 4 option subjects alongside English Language, English Literature, Maths, Double or Triple Science.
The majority of students will study Double Science GCSE, with the most able studying Physics, Chemistry and Biology GCSEs. Students will not study BTEC Science qualifications.
The majority of students study a humanity and a language at GCSE. A small cohort of the students choose 3 subjects alongside the core subjects and have additional time to allocated to support their progress in literacy, numeracy and preparation for GCSE examinations in Year 11.
All pupils study RE, PE and PSHCE.
Pupils are allocated to an appropriate pathway based on prior attainment and progress, this is to support them in choosing appropriate subjects.
Design Technology – email@example.com
– Curriculum Outline – Electronic Products (Word)
– Curriculum Outline – Electronic Products (PDF)
– Curriculum Outline – Food (Word)
– Curriculum Outline – Food (PDF)
– Curriculum Outline – Textiles (Word)
– Curriculum Outline – Textiles (PDF)
– Curriculum Outline – Product Design (Word)
– Curriculum Outline – Product Design (PDF)
– Curriculum Outline – Engineering (Word)
– Curriculum Outline – Engineering (PDF)
– Curriculum Outline – Graphics (Word)
– Curriculum Outline – Graphics (PDF)
History – firstname.lastname@example.org
– Curriculum Outline – History (Word)
– Curriculum Outline – History (PDF)
– Curriculum Outline – Ancient History (Word)
– Curriculum Outline – Ancient History (PDF)